Friday, March 1, 2019

Ends and Beginnings

This is the second day in a row I have gotten outta bed at 4am. What is that all about? But today I had need to do a yarn inventory, which means opening all my yarn bins to see what is where and to condense the leftover skeins, scraps and orphan balls into just one bin. I actually enjoy this. Lots of forgotten yarns showed up and my mouth waters as I decide what goes on the needles next. 
Here's the latest cardivest on the way to being completed. 
 Maya M. gets this one and she ordered it on November 2, 2018, so I am one day short of 4 months to the finished line.
Because the yarn I used is multicolor, she will be as surprised as I was to see what this sample turned into:


Nothing like the sample, which is down on the bottom front of the vest.
On my table is the new iron. Hamilton Beach, retractable cord, auto shut off. Yay!
And here's my new sewing room configuration. Not that different, but just tweaked to make it better for me. 
And then turning around, here is the living room we never use, but it could be if and when I invited anyone over.

 Speaking of rooms never  used, here's the sunroom, waiting for sunny warmth to invite us in. Dave plays his guitars in there, but I can still hear him plinking around.

 The other living space does get used as it is adjacent to the dining area/kitchen and Dave sets himself in front of the tv with the dogs are happy for hours. 
And I am upstairs in my paint room/yarn room/clay room... ART SPACE. A room of one's own is so necessary for creativity to bloom.

1 comment:

  1. It's always fun to see someone's creative space--thank you! That red couch sure looks comfy--I'd be happy for hours there, too. Oh, for a sunroom like that. I would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete