Thursday, December 31, 2020

Truffle Variation #4

 I'm ending this disaster of a year with a triumphant knitted finish. This shawl was made by request for Christina and is just now done. Yay! It is made from Plymouth Boku in the Key West colorway, and combined with Malabrigo Rios in Diana. Christina is tall and so this shawl is 20% larger than the previous ones, so that insures she will be able to meet the diamond/triangles in the front without having to tug at the edges.
 To keep it in place I have devised a shawl pin made from a stitch holder and three of my polymer clay beads. I found a source for the stitch holder and ordered 20 more, so from now on the shawls I will be knitting will each get one, color coordinated to the yarns employed. 


Here's the back view. Just looking at it now, this design could work as a poncho. Hmm. There is always another idea that springs from the previous. Especially if it is as enjoyable to make as this shawl has been.
So here's to a much better new year, safer, healthier, kinder, more fun and productive. I'm clearing the tables strewn with all kinds of yarns and making the studio usable again! I realized that I stopped sewing when we moved and never got back to it, since  I was distracted with new house things. I will document the mess being transformed to creative organization. Stay tuned.
Happy New Year! 
Lovest,

3 comments:

  1. Melody,
    I love this and would really love one as a poncho. if you need any stimulus to go forward with the concept!
    Joan from Missouri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, I would love to make this into a poncho for you. Let's discuss via email.
      Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Melody. 2020 has certainly hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons, but out of it has come some good. Kindness and good neighbourly relationships, and the generosity of so many people has warmed my heart. May 2021 bring good things in abundance.

    ReplyDelete