Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Dots and Dashes Shawl

Instead of making this stitch design into a cowl I thought a shawl would be good to try. With a shawl I was able to use many more yarns, all working together to produce a complex and interesting fabric, without being garish. 

I'm pretty darn excited about this project, and already dreaming of what I will cast on next. 

I used my large collection of what I call neutrals and paired them with bright blues, turquoises, purples and raspberry, to make a sharp contrast with the dots and dashes.
Here it is spread out on the kitchen table. 65" wide and 17" deep. 
The yarns are worsted weight with some DK, in merino, merino and silk mixtures, and with a few  cotton and mohair mixed in. 

Oh yes, the pin! The pin is made from some of my polymer clay beads, plus some faux amber beads, picking up on the colors in the shawl. 
Available for $45 including shipping, email me at fibermania at g mail dot com. SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment