Friday, August 13, 2021

Clicking Needles

 While it may be the Dog Days of Summer, I am gearing up for fall, in the nice air conditioned house. Long time readers are aware that I love to knit and love to make things that other people can wear and love. So each year I offer up a design and colorways and see if anyone bites. To amuse myself, I try out my ideas first and see what I enjoy making, since I often will be making multiples of the same design. Don't wanna offer something that is a beast to knit! For example, I have made a gorgeous shawl which included double decreases and increases on alternate edges, and which meant paying attention and often un-knitting the thing to get it right. The end result doesn't show the annoyance it gave me, but I don't want to make it ever again. Ha! On the other hand, I have two shawls which I loved making and will make again at the drop of a hat. Then there are my fave cardivests and triangle shawls which are now featuring the dots and dashes of last year's cowls, so everything I love to knit is coming back again this fall. 
 Some things are still a work in progress, because when I get a new idea, I put aside the current project in favor of trying out the thing that sparked my imagination. But the finish line is near on those which were set aside. I know if I want to keep the sample for myself, it will be the very thing that others will love too. So I will be ready with lots of yummy yarny goodness in just a few weeks. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. so good to hear from you again......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have followed your blog for many many years after I took a class on fusing way up in New Hampshire with Mancuso. Just was wondering if you can give us an update on your niece. I assume she is all grown up now. Also how is your husband. I loved his blog too. Sending love from the foothills, Piedmont area of North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete