Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Paper House #1

Paper House #1.
Monoprinted collaged papers, painted and stamped papers. Image is 10x10", mounted on painted wood panel, 12x12". Available for $100 plus shipping. SOLD

In order to find my way with this stuff I decided to think of these patterned papers like quilting prints. Beginning with a house quilt format, I realized that my hand dyed fabrics had that watercolor-y look and the monoprints didn't, so I had to actually paint the background and some papers to replicate my fabrics. The tree lines are an example.

So why do this in  paper when I have boatloads of fabric already? Good question. I think the drawing part is what interests me. That and making my own patterned papers. 

And of course there are those people out there that prefer materials like paper and paint over fabric...they get that stuff. 

I can't really grasp all my motivations, I just gotta try things.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love that you aren't afraid to try different methods. You share what works and what doesn't and that helps all of us. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new work! I just got a gel plate a week ago and am struggling to get papers I like. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete