Sunday, September 5, 2021

Why I'm Posting on Instagram


Floating Ferns #1 and #2. Collaged monoprints, gel pens, ink, graphite and acrylic paint pens. 
I'm experimenting and trying to find my footing in this medium. I have waded into deep waters and my confidence is shaky. The accomplishments of other gel printers are who I have put my work up against, if you could call it that, and I'm receiving some feedback from those artists which may or may not give me the courage I need to continue. I don't think they come to my blog, so I have to be seen where they post.
In the meantime I am knitting like mad and will be posting new items for the cooler months here soon. So don't give up on me, especially if you want to get a jump on the gift giving season. Many of the items I am knitting are much more affordable than the cardigans and sweaters I've offered in the past. Cowls, shawls, scarves....hats maybe!





6 comments:

  1. I'll be here when you come back. Feedly will let me know! I resist Instagram and Facebook, but understand why you're posting there. Have fun! Dot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ferns. You artistic concepts always come through in whatever medium you chose.
    I am happy to see your post today. I have been checking everyday hoping that you have weathered the storms and flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I am inspired. I have so many prints I don't know what to do with them. Books maybe. Yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a freedom with mark making on these papers that can't happen on fabric. Perhaps because it isn't as restricted a medium it's harder to get control, and confidence. But isn't it exciting to be in 'beginner's mind' again? I hope you continue to share on this platform alongside IG. (I admire beginner's mind everywhere, but social media defeats me.) I'll always love your fabric pieces best, but find all you do inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't abandon this platform. I love what you have been doing. Switching mediums is a challenge but you have weathered learning or doing new things over the years and you have achieved success in all you try!! Keep sharing, we love to see all you do!!

    ReplyDelete