Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Pssssst Steam Heat!

I bought this little Conair steamer to steam out the wrinkles in my slipcovers when I bought my new chairs. It was used, on Amazon, and only cost $17. I figured I would use it now and then. "Then" became this morning. What a great investment this turned out to be. 


Here's my Potzblitz #3, pinned to my padded table. I steamed it in less than five minutes! Compare that to tub soaking it, squeezing out the water in thick towels, and then arranging it on my blocking mats and leaving it to dry overnight. Revolutionary!

  The fabric now drapes so beautifully, and the shawl grew to its finished size, just as if it were stretched and blocked flat. 72"x 34". 
The yarns I used for this beauty were Prism Mia merino,  Madeline Tosh merino, and Malabrigo Arroyo.  Veddy fancy. It's taken me my whole knitting life to feel deserving of such luxurious yarns. Of course I got them at an estate sale for lots less than full price.  


Here's a view of the back. I folded the edge over to create a sort of collar. Cozy, eh?

I think it is kind of a statement piece. 
Here's how it looks from the front with that little bit of a folded edge collar. 
If you would like to encourage me to keep knitting ( and you know you would), you could own this for $45 plus shipping. Email me. fibermania@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow, bargain yarn and bargain steamer. I love a good bargain.

    I've always wanted a food processor. Almost since they came out. I finally bought one (like new) on Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Can't wait to set it up. Went to bed last night dreaming of all of the things I want to make that the blender and mixer aren't quite the right tool, but the food processor will be. Already thinking of buying a disc box for it.

    Now you've got me thinking I should be looking for a steamer.

    ReplyDelete