Thursday, February 1, 2024

Silver Diamond Cardicoat

I made this cardigan some time ago, (2020!!) and never got around to wet blocking it. So it sat waiting for my time and patience to complete it. Today, after the success yesterday with my steamer, it was the the right day to find it and bring it out of the closet, so to speak. 

 
What a difference!! Even I am amazed.  From a short and squatty cardigan to a long and flowing cardicoat. It measures 33" from the back neck to the hem and 44" around the bustline. 
The real change is the hand of the fabric. So much more drape, now that the yarns have relaxed. The yarn is wool/silk Boku and Gloss Dk merino/silk. NO WONDER it drapes so nicely. The color is just slightly lavender-gray-black. 

 Here's the back. The mannequin has no hips. Fill in with your imagination.

And the neck detail. Mother of pearl buttons, 

I am proud to offer this for $125, email me at fibermania@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. You are selling me on getting a steamer. I have two wool blend afghans I crocheted Tunisian and then embroidered and I have yet to block them. Afghans are such a pain as there is no surface large enough for them, not even the dining room table with a leaf. I actually did go on the big A and look at those Conair steamers but I'm a bit intimidated with all of the different styles and types. I really don't know what I'm looking for in a steamer for yarn-work as opposed to just clothes.

    ReplyDelete