Monday, February 5, 2024

Again with the Potzblitz

This time I used all Malabrigo yarns, Arroyo, Rastita and Silky Merino. All but the Kiwi green were multicolored, so the stripes are less contrasting than in previous renditions. Why do I keep doing the same pattern again and again? Maybe because I can try out different combos of yarns and maybe because it just feels good to see the design become itself. I made this one a bit smaller than the previous ones which  may be easier to wear for a more petite person. 
Whatever the reason, I can't dismiss the enjoyment of knitting it, especially with the most delicious yarns in my stash. At this point, I am using the best stuff, that I have been saving for something special and this shawl design fits the bill. 
You can see that this shawl is shorter in the back and just meets the bottom of the mannequin when the top edge is covering the neck. 
I find myself wearing a shawl in church as the sanctuary can be chilly, and then when it fills up, I can easily slip it off when I get warm enough. Also I like a shawl to wear in the morning over my pjs, when having my cuppa and blogging. So cozy.


 Here it is just after steaming. 64" wide and about 29" deep. 
Available for $45, plus shipping. Email me at fibermania@gmail.com

1 comment: