O what fun I had with this piece. The yarns are all leftovers but are real goodies. Merino of course, in sock weight, making this scarf light as a feather. I was aiming at a smaller scarf but got carried away. Still, it does work to wrap it around the neck and cinch with its cutie cuff.
Garter ridges alternate with slipped stitches and stockinette. Easy to remember, and no counting. The colors were chosen based on one graduated yarn, Willow Verbena, 75% Superwash wool, 25% nylon, and various other sock weight yarns, such as Koigu, and Malabrigo.
Knitting this was great for my diet, as I kept saying to myself, I will eat when I am done knitting this section, and hours would fly by and I was too enthralled to make lunch, so I ate an apple and had another cup of tea. I got up really early to get back to it and wished I had better stuff to watch on TV. I did manage to find Midsomer Murders, free on You Tube, so that helped.
![]() |
The construction is different, and I've been happy with this design because it doesn't bunch up at the back of the neck, which I like. Beginning at the bottom point, increase every right side row with centered yarn overs, separated by one knit stitch, and keep increasing until desired height and width. This results in a diamond shape. Then one side is put on hold and the other edge is knit to form the wings or ties. Decreasing every fourth row at the top edge forms a gentle taper.
Here it is with one wing finished. The second wing was done faster as I knew which yarn came next, copying the first wing.Here's the catch. Autumnal colors are gorgeous, but not in my wardrobe. Either I make or find a dark forest green top, or I'll wind up selling this scarf.
OK onto the next one, with my wardrobe in mind!





Gorgeous! You have such and eye for color to put leftovers together like that!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the better articles I've read.
ReplyDeleteI’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
ReplyDeleteAfter going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com