Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A Momentous Day


I have hired a cleaning crew to make my old house sparkling clean and while I feel a tinge guilty, it is our LAST MOVE EVER until they wheel us off to assisted living, and so worth the cost. They arrive at 8am and I have to let them in, so I mustn't tarry.
 Lucille Ball Funny | Groups :: Casper's Haunted House : The Living Room:






While I am out, I will drive by the Voting commission and register to vote. Hurray!
And I'll be doing some party food shopping.
Thursday evening, I am hosting a birthday party/housewarming for a dozen of my nearest and dearest. I can't wait to make some tasty munchies, and wicked sweets to share with my friends. I have been imagining this since I first saw my new white kitchen. My sister came over straight from work (she just got a $2 raise!!!!) and helped me narrow down the food ideas to a reasonable/doable number. It's great to cook for ladies, who prefer girly foods.

6 Unexpectedly Awesome Gluten-Free Appetizers:    These fresh Dilly Cucumber Bites make a great healthy appetizer. Cucumber slices are topped with a fresh dill cream cheese and yogurt mixture, and finished with a juicy cherry tomato.:  Party Fruit Kabobs! What a perfect appetizer or bridal party finger food!!:  Spinach Dip Bites - so delicious and perfect for any party or get together. { lilluna.com }:  Cranberry and Brie bites - a simple appetizer or party snack that always gets polished off in minutes!:  This rum punch recipe is the best punch for parties ever. It is the most popular recipe on our blog and has received a huge number of positive reviews and repins. #allshecooks:
I'll be shopping for skewers and balloons at the dollar store, and getting party ideas.

4 comments:

  1. And me without my spoon..... looks like a fun night ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the things Mrs Flax (Cher) made in the movie Mermaids. But I think all of hers were on sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a chair ready for me...it sounds like a fun filled evening. But, you in the kitchen fixin' fancy food.... I don't think you have ever posted about doing that...is it a stretch for you? LOL Congrats to Brooke!! A 2 buck raise is fantastic. Remember the day when we celebrated a 10 cent raise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to have a party with all this inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete