Saturday, December 30, 2023

Never Say Never

Hello again,
It turns out that I miss the blog. Who knew?
It's been two years without a really good place to keep track of all the stuff that I need keeping track of, and the brain is just too crowded to try keeping it there, so back to blogging it is. 

Life has changed in those two years and right now I am having a happy and peaceful life, for which I am so thankful.  Dave is doing well after having an awful experimental month in Memory Care and is now back home with me and I am sooooooo glad he is. Here he is this morning at breakfast.


 His beard is so white! 
Chumley is basking in the morning sun, after sleeping in for a couple of hours. He is now blind and deaf, so it is amazing that he gets around as well as he does. I walk him at least twice a day in our yard, and on our dead end street, where he can sniff to his heart's content. 

I'm knitting and baking a lot this season, which is another reason to keep blogging. I have recipes that I need to be able to access. Little slips of paper get lost and that has to end.
++++
It turns out that a smaller house with waterproof floors and no garden is the secret of my success these days. 
And of course a great white kitchen really makes me happy.

This is a before picture, before the tile was added, along with the outlet covers. I will deal more about kitchen stuff in the posts to come.
I have ordered new front and back doors from Lowe's and am about to head out there to choose door handles. Our current doors have a gap at the bottom that lets in the cold air. That's what you get when you buy an older home. No worries, I love the vintage aspects and can address the bits that don't work.

So welcome back to the land of furniture rearranging, food talk, yarn drooling and artmaking. Not another house buying...really, I mean it. 














43 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to hear from you again! I look forward to watching this space for more of your creative adventures. Thank you! Jerilynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad to see you back! I enjoy your house arranging and find it inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back - although I follow you on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you back again - look forward seeing all you are doing - Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte in MissouriDecember 30, 2023 at 9:53 AM

    I always enjoy your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you back !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I always enjoy your posts, and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back. An inspiration I enjoy keeping up with. So much gets lost with Instagram. You are home....welcome back...👍🙃

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you are back. I'm following you since your Chicago days and really missed your blog (although I followed you on IG).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are back blogging🥰 I’ve been reading you for years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melody so happy to see your back, I also follow you on IG. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great to hear you are blogging again! Look forward to seeing all of your art

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Back! So pleased I get to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m so glad you’re back. I really missed your blog posts. I’m looking forward to lots of colour 😃

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Wonderful treats to look forward to. Happy New Year to you, Dave and Chumley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to see you on a blog again Melody. I really enjoy reading about what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So good to have you blogging again. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to be reading that you and Dave are doing well. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great to see you back on this site. Have followed you for years and always enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are back to blogging! And that Dave is home with you. So good to see Chumley too💖

    ReplyDelete
  23. Me too--so happy to see you back on the blog! I always looked forward to "hearing" your voice in all that you wrote on the blog, in addition to seeing photos

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sitting here with hands clapping!!! So happy to see you back and Dave is there with you, Chumley also. It's been years since I began following you and eternally grateful for you helping me set up my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. And welcome back to you. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in furniture moving, knitting, and art.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I’m SO happy to see you back. I’ve missed you and your wonderful ideas and lovely thoughts. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So glad to see you are starting to blog again. And it seems I’m not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Like the others here i’m so glad you posting again💚 i’m reading your blog since your Chicago days! happy to see your husband Dave.! Have a happy new year! - Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you!! I'm so glad you are blogging again. I love your artwork, quilts, knitting, gardens and home projects...you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So glad you are back!!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I had that same gap problem when I bought my house. I removed the carpet and the doors had been trimmed. I bought some strip designed to stop the wind blowing in under the door. Not perfect but my house is 1922 and I didn't want to replace my original front door. Something you can pick up at Lowe's to use while you are waiting for the new doors to be installed.

    Can't wait to see the backsplash.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've missed your blogs! Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy you are blogging again. Happy New Year to you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I will look forward to reading your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  35. thank you for coming back to the blog. I love your writing and am so very happy to "hear" your voice again. I was at first attracted to your colorful art but it was your writing that kept me inspired. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I look forward to future blogs......esp. furniture and your home transformations. We too are transforming our lives.....a BIG unexpected move to the West coast to be near our son....health issues are the reason. Bought a cookie cutter, vanilla pudding 55+ mouse maze type home.....you can tell I'm not excited....but making it ours will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Welcome back, I will enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am beyond thrilled to see you are blogging again! I know you may think at times you have nothing to say, but I'm excited to read every but. I don't love Instagram either. Very hard for this old lady to manipulate. Good old fashion blogging! So good to see Dave too! He is such a trooper. I know it is difficult, but you are loving him well through it all. Tell us how your sister is doing. What is the latest with your niece who must be all grown up by now! Thanks for sharing your life with blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I’m so glad you’re back!! I always loved your blog all your creative endeavors!

    ReplyDelete