Wednesday, January 24, 2024

The big cleanout

I reached my goal of emptying these IKEA Billy shelves. They will go to Goodwill, if my brother-in-law will deliver. Yay!
I bought these in 2007 for $35 each, and of course they got moved over and over and over to each new house. They are stable if they can lean on each other, but not so much if one tries to stand them up alone. Someone will be able to sturdy them up if they are handy.


I still have some items that I must find a spot in the home. 
I keep moving things to the yarn room which is not really a good spot to store them. I may have to break down and get another cubbyhole storage unit. I have plenty of the fabric boxes that fit this unit. Being smaller, and sturdier than those tall narrow shelves, I do feel they are more suited to my needs. Easier to move to another spot too.





Here's a bunch of stuff that I really hate to give up, but know in my heart that I am never gonna use them again. Two really good cameras, two travel irons and a regular size iron, more than I need. 

In my imagination, I hope to have just what I need, in a place where I can find it later, and not bring more stuff into my life that ends up being excess. Is that too much to expect?

They're gone!!!! Yay!!! So nice to see that pretty woodwork again. Thanks to my b-i-l John for swiftly removing them. Wait til my sister finds out she is getting them. Uh oh!

 

1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine being able to get rid of any Ikea cubes, but you have made me think about their use. It resonated with me when you noted that open areas are just temptations to fill. I will have to keep that in mind as I downsize. I just retired, but I am finding I don't want or need all the craft stuff I used to. You inspire me with your downsizing, but I am definitely not at your fearless level yet.

    ReplyDelete